Friday, December 23, 2011

A year ago

Its hard to believe that ago I was an anxious wreck as they prepped Chris for surgery. A year ago at this very minute we were talking to the doctor about what is next, what can we expect, mainly will our baby survive. I was full of hope. I was very optimistic that everything was going to be ok. That my wife would make it out of this and that my little girl would be ok.
A year ago today at this very minute I was very excited to become a father. I had never been through anything like this before. Lots of anticipation as to what was going to happpen next. Trying to be positive and take care of Chris and be the strong husband she married. Trying not to show my fear.
A year ago today at this very minute I remember being afraid. I was so afraid of the unknown of being a dad, a dad to a child with a disability, a dad to a baby that may not make. I was so scared that I was literaly shaking when I was alone. I would leave the room and I would begin to shake. I was afraid. Would I know how to take care of a baby? Would I be a good dad? Would I continue to be a good husband? Would my little girl die right there?
A year ago today at this very minute I was waiting to meet the most precious little girl in the the whole world, my daughter, Zayana Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment